13 June, 2012

They found my jacket, holy jesus.

I hate losing things because I value the things I have. When I lost my teddy bear companion of 16 years I was devastated. His name was Cubie, he was small, a bit round, white and had a crooked face. I loved him. Somehow I was playing with him and he fell out of my car at one point. I still believe him to be in the mountains of Berkeley somewhere.

Recently I lost my 2 dollar jacket that I bargained from this little hole in the wall place from the markets of Long Xuyen. You know how water gushes from a water fall? Well imagine something like that, but replace the water with jackets. She caught my attention as I was wandering around the markets exploring. To my delight, I was there because my Vietnamese tutor was telling me there was a lady that sold used purses. There's a certain word for it in Vietnamese but I forgot it. The word sounds like A.I.D.S. in Vietnamese. Go figure. Anywho, she motioned me to come over since she saw my fascination with her little set up she had. Waterfall of jackets. I don't think many local folk in Long Xuyen like to buy used jackets. It was her lucky day.

My two dollar jacket that I bargained for. It was navy blue and had white trees on it. I assumed it was from Dalat and it was my favorite and I knew instantly I wanted it.

I lost it on a recent trip to Berkeley after trying on clothes.

Today I got a phone call from Jeremy's in Berkeley that they found my jacket! I had desperately returned to them twice trying to find it. I searched the entire store. Apparently they had returned it to the warehouse to get it ticketed and somehow they put two and two together that the sad Asian girl who came into their store twice to find her jacket may also be missing this mysterious tag less navy blue jacket with white trees at its pockets.

I've never heard you sound so excited before Kim. My coworker said.
Yeah I get attached to things.


---


Metric Metric Metric! Texting with my show buddy partner in crime whose currently in Baltimore. We sound like squeamish girl teenagers in our recollections of our favorite lyrics, lines and sounds.  This is what it's all about folks. This.

Life's really fun for me right now. June is a good month. I have nothing to lose. I turn 25 at the end of this month and present contentment never felt so good.

---






No comments:

Post a Comment