31 May, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: Bless my heart and bless yours too.

I've been talking up Alabama Shakes for the last two weeks now - rarely do I encounter a band in which I am unable to move or do anything for hours but listen to them. Seriously hitting the spot right now. Perhaps it is because of my smitten fondness for all things south and midwest.

---

This past weekend I met a curious person.
This past weekend I enjoyed karaoke more than I have ever have before.
This past weekend I ate raw oysters.
This past weekend I lost one of my favorite jackets from Vietnam.
What does it look like?
It's navy blue with white trees on the pocket.
I have no idea where it went. I searched and walked all over for it. Just a reminder that memories are fleeting and things are meant to be lost. I don't like losing things.

---

Yesterday I tried to run my heart out, but I easily grew tired. The lake caught my attention.

---

Hold on.

---

In the morning the blurred lines of flowers distract me from the rising sun. I plant my face into the pillow to ignore the nudge of the day. Useless. While my mind wants to slip back, my body decides to move forward. This will be my first summer in America in a long time - California seems to move towards a different time frame. In Vietnam, it was pretty much summer all the time. Last last last summer I was in Japan. The two after that I was in Vietnam and this one I will be in Los Angeles. Go figure.

I figure that this summer will be a good one. This year will be a good one in general. Last year was the year of the rabbit/cat and I felt uneasy about it. My very good friend Patricia told me to make bold moves. I felt uneasy about it. I didn't make any bold moves really - at least not in my head. Perhaps to the outsider I make many bold moves. But to me I do whatever feeds my soul. I trust my heart. Although sometimes I get mad at it for putting me in Los Angeles - a tough city to live in (I know really that my feelings have nothing to do with the city).

Fuck the Universe.







No comments:

Post a Comment