30 August, 2012

Womp.

On another note I paid for trafficking ticket that was well over $500 yesterday. That hurt. It was because I decided to gun a yellow while it was turning red - as a result I pretty much ran a red and a police man was right there to catch me. I was a block away from work.

---

I think the spirits or Universe are on my side. I've been doing lots of grad school research but have had the help of wonderful people who are willing to give me advice, some who I haven't even had the chance to meet in person yet. I think I'm going in a particular direction, humbling myself and picking a concentration that will push me academically and intellectually in an area that I've been scared to be good at - research, numbers, and stats. Although right now I'm in that state of mind where I am ready for this kind of challenge, I'm ready to be kicked in the ass or to work hard and get kicked in the ass. I sometimes wish I stuck it out with the sciences - which in Berkeley's case really kicked my ass - but I was able to truck through it and get a B- in the end of both of my short lived Berkeley science career. Those classes were some of the toughest B- I had to earn ever - I was not to get a C and refused to think I would get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment