22 April, 2012

Many things can happen in two days.

My grandpa's voice over the phone sounds sad. He asks me where I am. I tell him I am at my uncle's house. For a mild second he is concerned - he doesn't understand why I am at my uncle's house because it is not a place I frequently find myself. I am fixing my bicycle grandpa. Oh! That's good, exercise is good for you, you should exercise.

You know your Mommy (my aunt) is cooking Banh Xeo. But since I no longer have insurance and no one wants to pay for it I can't drive my car. I can't go anywhere. I'm stuck here all day. Do you think you can pick up the Banh Xeo from Mommy's house and drive over here and eat it with me?

I tell him no.

No? You can't?


Yeah I can't.

I tell him I can't because I'm hot, my car has no air conditioning and I'm tired and hadn't eaten yet. Not to mention the gas it would cost to do all this. Not to mention my dad is waiting for me at home. Not to mention. Saturdays.

I feel extremely guilty and mad at the same time. I'm 24 and these are the things I worry about. My grandpa, my dad, people in my life. Sometimes I wish I could be away from it all again, but at the same time what can one expect. Life is an unfolding story I suppose. These are the things I worry about.

Let the unfolding proceed.

---

My car is really hot. I just cleaned it today. I wish I had air conditioning that worked but I suppose I am lucky to have a car that functions.

---

There's this tree in my yard that I never knew what it was for. It was really small when it first arrived at my house and had large dark green leaves. For years it had nothing on it. I had thought it was some medicinal leaf of some sort but my parents never touched it or cooked with it. I ignored this tree because I didn't know what it was for but I liked it since my friend's parents gave it to us and I thought that was an extremely nice gesture.

The tree has fruit and it's a loquat tree.

That tree has so much fruit finally!
Well it was there last year...
Really??
Yeah but you weren't here were you...
No, I was in Vietnam.


Oh daily mundane surprises.




No comments:

Post a Comment