03 September, 2012

Coconut grove is a very small cove.

One of my favorite things to do is to go to shows and concerts. This past unfriendly sweltering weekend I went to the FYF Festival in Los Angeles. After seeing a few bands that I liked or knew about, I wasn't really impressed after day 1. Day 2 however was a different story. With my back was sore, my knee hurt, and my eyes tired from the number of hawaiian shirts and misappropriated native american gear flashing before me, I decided to catch the last 20 minutes of The Faint's set. To my extreme delight they played two of my favorite songs off of their Danse Macrabre album which was burned on a scratched up cd from my friend Donny Rox in high school.

---

Perhaps quoting indie lyrics is me returning to my old self. I also just bought an exacto knife kit which I am very excited about. Can't wait to make stuff for people and surprise them through the mail.

---

Along the waves of shifting moments will emerge an everlasting presence of understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment