10 February, 2013

Organizing my passions.

Hard thing to do when you realize that life inevitably happens.

Sending positive vibes to myself for the new year. I'm tired to finding quotes to understand my life. Would it be alright that I did not understand it at all? Yes.

---

I must understand that he doesn't know the answer either.

---

It's so hard to make friends in such a big city where people already have their lives. I was never the type to put myself out there to make the first move to be friends with someone. You would think this would be a really simple human thing to do.

Maybe I just need to relax, just do what I love and then everything will follow suite.

---

I love to see and observe. Observing the patterns of people's mistakes, quirks and cute ticks makes me happy. I do not do a good job of relaying this passion of seeing and observing. It's very much of an internal thing I do with myself.

---

Last night in the dark hallway the looming red glow of my ancestors reminded me.

---

My mom the other day told me that Chinese people in Vietnam are called Người tàu which literally translates to: "Boat People" because Chinese people arrived to Vietnam by boat!

Mind blown.

---


Some ideas: Mixing transnational cultural identity, the going back and forth between understanding what home is, 

art and music and my adventures/haphazardness, what it's like to work with different cultures, the messy work of 
cultural relevancy blah blah blah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment