19 June, 2013

Facebook is quite the invention.

Don't you think? I spend hours looking at it, and it makes me so sad. It's a pathetic replacement for friendships and what it means to connect with people.

It's interesting how much time each one of us spends on it. It demonstrates what we yearn. Acceptance, love, and connection. Acceptance in the form of likes, love in the form of messages, comments, and tags and connection in the form newsfeed. One day I was having dinner with my roommate and brother from college, while we hadn't seen each other for a good minute, we recounted and spoke of each others life's happenings and listened as if we were present. Facebook and Instagram enabled us to connect while cities apart.

Strange. I leave tomorrow morning for Baltimore so I'm nervously typing away into the night.

---

To love all the pieces of me, will probably take a lifetime.
But that's okay, I'm in it for the ride.
Taking the opportunity to reach into the depths.
Guess I'll leap.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment